You can listen to the Town Hall Meeting and Questions on KFSK's website. Click HERE
Town Hall Meeting Questions & Answers
- What will the increased space for the pharmacy be used for?
- Provide an office area for the medication nurse and additional receiving space for breakdown and storage. The current pharmacy is extremely small for the services we provide and does not allow us to operate at full capacity.
- What will the other support spaces be used for?
- There are not underutilized support spaces in the designs.
- With additional square footage and care unit/options will there be an increase to staffing?
- Yes, there will be an increase in staffing needs with a new facility and increase services. However, we are working very hard to design a facility that will not require increase staffing simply due to size.
- Why not consider the existing ball field sites and relocate the ball fields?
- The spaces considered during the master planning phase were assigned to PMC by the Borough
- The home health department was identified as a growth opportunity – What provisions have been made to support growth with 1/3 of less space?
- Currently the square footage on the numeric space program shows 2,416 for home health, were in reality that square footage accounts for multiple department office spaces. The home health footage in the new facility will be greater than it currently is.
- How will wound care outpatient services be incorporated?
- Wound care services are included in the square footage of the Rehab. Future designs will help determine it’s layout
- What is the projected project timeline? 3, 5, 10 years?
- This depends on funding; our goal is 3-5 years.
- Outdoor living rec area for LTC?
- A protected outdoor space will be incorporated into the design of the new facility.
- Can you decrease the square footage in the downtown location and look at some other designs there?
- The downtown location is not a feasible option without restricting services.
- What about more of a linkage between LTC and assisted living? – I think it would make more sense for there to be a more cohesive strategy for elder care in town.
- We agree, this was identified at the brought work session, PMC is very interested in collaborating more the assisted living facility.