You have reached the COVID-19 Information Hub for Petersburg Medical Center!
For all COVID-19 questions about symptoms, testing or vaccination, call 907-772-5788. When calling please select from one of the following options:
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and would like a medical evaluation and/or test.
- You are a traveler to Petersburg and would like a test. Even if you are fully vaccinated testing is encouraged. Testing for travelers on arrival to Petersburg and on day 5-7 is free. All testing is PCR, with a turnaround time of 12-48 hours in most cases.
- Your employer requested testing, you were advised to test by Public Health, you need to test for travel to another state or country, or you would simply like to be tested for reassurance.
- You are interested in receiving your first or second COVID-19 vaccine. Even if you are not a resident, vaccinations are available at no charge. Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are available. If you received your first shot in another community/state or country please bring your shot record with you.
Directions to Petersburg Medical Center
Before coming to Petersburg Medical Center:
- If you are having any COVID-19 symptoms or feel you have recently been exposed to COVID-19 please call 907-772-5788 before entering the facility.
- PMC is screening all patients, and staff entering the facility at the Emergency Room entrance on Second Street. If you recently tested positive with a home test, please let the screener know. You may be asked to repeat an antigen test to confirm you are no longer infectious.
- Visitors to patients and residents are welcome! We ask you to please call the hospital 907-772-5740 before coming to visit someone in the hospital or in Long Term Care.
- If you would like to schedule an appointment with the Lab or Radiology please call 907-772-5756.
Our Commitment to you:
Our priority is the health, safety, and well being of our residents, staff and family members. We continue to follow the best practices and guidance from the CDC and Alaska Public Health to prevent respiratory illnesses from entering our building:
- Ensuring our residents and staff are immunized against the flu and COVID-19. 100% of our LTC residents and all staff providing care to our LTC residents are up to date on their influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Policies are strictly adhered to for:
- Masking and social distancing
- Hand hygiene practices
- Environmental cleaning of all areas of the hospital including high touch surfaces
- Screening of all staff, patients, visitors and contract workers for signs of illness
- Actively screening residents for signs of illness to include respiratory and other communicable infections
- Offering vaccination for COVID-19 to anyone who wishes a vaccine. Currently only persons 12 and older are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine however we will be ready when more ages are approved.
- Generous sick leave policy for workers either due to exposure or with symptoms for themselves or their children.
- Sick leave for vaccine related side effects.
- Engaging family and friends for safe and enjoyable Long Term Care visits and activities.
COVID data in Petersburg
State of Alaska COVID HUB visit: https://alaska-coronavirus-vaccine-outreach-alaska-dhss.hub.arcgis.com/
For current CDC guidelines, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html